Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting into the swing of things

Hello everyone!

We are getting so excited about our trip home in a few weeks!! :) We will be arriving in Jackson on Wednesday, November 18th around 2:00pm, and we'll be hanging out in Jackson until Friday afternoon. On Friday afternoon we will be OXFORD bound!!! Woohoo!! We will hopefully get into Oxford in time to go grab some food and then out on the square!! We are hoping to see as many people as possible!! We miss everyone so much! On Saturday we will most definitely be in the Grove and then at the game!! We will head out of Oxford on Sunday morning and fly back to California at 6:00pm on Sunday night! It is going to be an action packed trip, and we are hoping to get to spend as much time as possible with as many people as possible!

We're finally getting into as much of a routine is possible with our schedules. My schedule is all over the place, so its the one that is making things difficult. I am so thankful to finally be a pharmacist...it took what felt like FOREVER, but I am finally licensed and on the schedule! However, my schedule is ridiculous. Unfortunately, I am working EVERY WEEKEND in November except for the one we are going to be out of town. I am also working a lot of overtime and filling in for people at other stores. I really don't mind this at all because most of the days I am off are during the week, so its not like I have too much to do during the day when everyone else is at work, so I may as well make some extra money! It is also helping me learn my way around the area! I am so thankful that we got me a Garmin when we moved here because otherwise I would constantly be lost trying to find all these different Wal-Marts! The first few days I worked alone, I was EXTREMELY nervous that I wasn't going to know what to do. But over the past few weeks, I have gained some confidence and now I feel completely comfortable working alone!

A few weeks ago, Scott and I decided to take a day trip to Muir Woods. Muir Woods is a redwood forest that has the tallest living things (the redwoods) in the world! We left home around noon and drove up to San Francisco where we stopped and got lunch at Memphis Minnies...a much needed little taste of home with the yummy BBQ! After stuffing ourselves, we headed over the Golden Gate to Muir Woods, which is about 12 miles past the Golden Gate. At Muir Woods we wandered around the paths and even hiked a little bit! The trees were just beautiful! Pictures do not even kind of do Muir Woods justice! There is no way to capture how tall the trees are because you can't even fit the entire tree into a picture. Scott will post our attempts to capture the beauty of Muir Woods soon!

For Halloween we invited over 2 other couples to have a little Halloween get together. I get really excited about all holidays, so I went all out and cooked all kinds of yummy "themed" goodies! I made snake breadsticks, pumpkin, ghost, and spiderweb cookies, eyeball cupcakes, and corn dip. It was so exciting to get to use all of our gorgeous serving pieces to put everything out! Once again, I'll have Scott post pictures soon!

This weekend we are planning on going to a birthday party for one of the new couples we met at the Halloween get together! We are loving the opportunities to keep meeting new people!

I have just found out that Adrienne is coming to visit us for our birthdays! She will be arriving on Scott's birthday, Friday, December 4th, and leaving the following Monday! We are really excited because Friday, December 4th is also the Microsoft Christmas Party, which we have heard is very very fun! We may try to take a little day trip to Napa or somewhere else to celebrate my birthday on Saturday, December 5th! Whatever we are doing I know it will be great to have both Scott and Adrienne in town to spend it with!

Well, I guess that's about it for our life update. I promise I will get Scott to post pictures of our latest adventures soon! I can't wait to get to see everyone soon! I miss yall!

1 comment:

  1. I just got SO excited to see you in less than two weeks!!!! Miss you terribly and glad to hear things are going so well :)

    ReplyDelete